Friday, October 8, 2010

Being Induced...

Well here I am, sitting in a room all hooked up, beginning the induction process. At my ultrasound this morning, they saw the amniotic fluid was low, and want to get him out before it becomes a hazard to him. So they told me to go straight over to labor and delivery. Umm WHAT?! I asked if I could go home to pick up a few things, but she insisted I go right then.

Kevin came right away, and my mom and sister are getting a flight any minute now from Philly. They're during a series of pills to soften to cervix, and once that's done, they'll start the pitosin (sp?). They said just getting the cervix to soften could take up to 24 hours....uggh! But its painless, so I'll take as much of this as I can get before the "real deal" begins.

Also, we don't have cell service in the room, which is why I'm doing this on the computer, and will be keeping the computer close by. If you need/want to get a hold of us email/fbook...we'll have it set up close by.

5 comments:

  1. Ok so I sent you a text, wrote on your FB wall, and now here I am... so excited!!! I have been praying for you all day!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to YOU!!!!! Congrats!!! I wanna give you a hug and kiss right now!!!! And give one to Kevin also!!! I will send a prayer your way and I will be thinking good thoughts! Love, cousin Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys!!! Praying like crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay your baby boy is on his way! Congrats, will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete