Sunday, October 24, 2010

Longest Week Ever...

This has probably been one of the worst weeks of my life. Starting last weekend, I started feeling sick. All I did was sleep and throw up.  Awful. At Elias' one week check up on Monday, I got sick in the doctors office. They told me it was just my body still recovering from the c-section. I just didnt understand...I was fine when I was discharged with Elias the week before. This was different. So I felt like death that night and we ended up coming back to the hospital. They didnt find an infection, and determind it must be a GI bug. So off I went home on Tuesday night.

Woke up Wednesday, took the meds, then a few hours later started feeling sick again. Tried to sleep it off most of the day. Threw up inbetween. Couldnt hold anything down. This went on for 3 more days. I was so weak. I couldnt even finish giving me son a sponge bath, I had to sit down. Thats been the hardest part...not being able to do anything for Elias. Thankfully my Mom has been amazing and has stepped in. But I feel so awful for not being able to be his mom his first week home. Its just so hard.

So enough was enough, and we ended up coming back to the hospital on Saturday night. I was sooo deydrated, it was awful. They stuck me 8 times trying to get a line in and some blood out. They eventually went into my foot, which was just so painful. It actually felt worse then my epidural, no lie. Once they got the fluids flowing I started feeling a little better. Got some xrays and finally got to a room at 5am. They told me in the blood tests they saw some indicators of gull bladder disease. Oh great. So I went to bed, then came back a few hours later and took some more blood. This time there weren't any of those indicators. Apparently the blood the first got had started to clot, so it effected the test results. So confusing. So now theyre saying they dont think I have a problem with my gall bladder.

Heres the bottom line though, and this is what I told the doctors. I am not leaving until they figure out what is causing my nausea. I cannot go home and take anymore of this. I need to be better for my baby. This has got to stop. So I'm here till atleast tomorrow. They might do a CT scan, but theyre concerned that I wont be able to stomach the stuff they make you drink first. Heck, I'll do whatever...I don't care. I just wanna know whats wrong. And I especially want them to look at my gall bladder now just to be safe.

Okay. Now that thats out...



Bath Time


At Elias' one week appointment on Monday, he weighed 5lbs 14oz. Little muffin gained 10 oz in one week! He also got his cast on his left leg on Friday, and was quite a trooper! He almost pee'd on the doctor while he was putting the cast on, and I think he learned just how loud he really can yell...great...lol.

He seems to have his days and nights mixed up. He's been wanting to stay up from 12-4 every morning for the past week or so. I've really been wanting to start him on a schedule in hopes that that might help, but its just been so hard being sick. Hopefully later this week once I'm home I can get into the swing of things.

Everyone told me not to buy newborn clothes because either they're hardly in them for that long or they skip right over that size. Well my little peanut is so tiny and I hardly have any newborn outfits for him! He has a long torso like Kevin and I, and shorter legs, so he can fit into newborn onezies but newborn pants are still too big.  My mom and I found some preemie pants and picked up a few pairs that fit him pretty perfectly.

I'll post more pictures once I'm home and functioning again. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. Theyve been extremely encouraging to me. Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Elijah was the same way with clothes... Hang in there... hopefully, you will feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my gall-bladder removed two months to the day after Molly was born. My attack came on thanks to a craving of pizza and gellato, towards the end right before I had my gall-bladder out I couldn't even eat a salad.

    If it is gall-bladder, try to remove as much fat from your diet as possible. Seriously, check ALL your labels, and don't eat anything with less than 2 grams fat. 'Cause with me, eating anything more than that had me doubled up on the floor screaming as though someone was stabbing me.

    Good luck either way, and I'm glad you have people who are able to help!

    ReplyDelete