Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Week


I can't believe its already been a week since Elias was born! Time is just flyin' by already.

Last night was the roughest night yet. We tried a different formula before bed, and oh man was that a mistake. He was up from 12-3 screaming. Not crying. Screaming. Finally, come 2:30 I woke up my mom and she took him for a bit. She thought hit stomach felt rock hard, and the way he was moving his legs up and down constantly was as if he was in pain. So I called the doctor on call at TUFTs and they recommended a medication for constipation and gas. So I went on over to CVS at 3am, found the medicine, and by the time I got home he was just falling asleep for my mom. It was pretty scary though. I mean, its only been a week, but as much as I can tell and know about my son, he doesn't cry for no reason. He is a very content, happy baby. (knock on wood...)

Tomorrow we're going to get some portraits taken of Elias, and then he has his 1 week appointment. I'm excited to see how much he weighs. When we left the hospital on Thursday, we was 5lbs 9oz. He gained a significant amount in just 4 days. Our theory is that he was deprived the last few weeks because of the cord being wrapped around his body every which way, and so now he's just playing catch up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment