Saturday, October 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My boys


Elias and I had quite the day on Thursday. I was a little anxious about getting my staples removed. I actually never even looked at my incision because I was afraid I'd get super grossed out. But the doctor came in, did her thing, and I didn't feel a thing! Literally, every 25 minutes some doctor was coming in to exam or take him away to do something. Lets see if I can remember who all came in...

The Physical/Occupational Therapists came in and made Elias custom splints for both his hands. The idea is for him to get used to holding his right hand more straight at the wrist. On his left hand, it will begin stretching his thumb out so that we can do as much as we can to straighten it before surgery. He doesn't mind them at all! They also showed us a few stretches to do with his feet before he gets his boots.

The Pediatric Orthopedist came and examined Elias again with his team. The determined that only his left foot is clubbed (hooray!) and his right is just crooked from the way he balled up in the womb. So next Friday we will be going in for his casts!

The Audiology doctor came in and discussed with me his hearing test he took the day before. She said he passed with flying colors, but cause of the little skin tag on his ear, they want to do a more in depth test just to make sure.

The Neurology doctor and her entourage made an appearance. She was so sweet. She said that his CT scan and MRI came back perfect. She said her expectations for Elias are for him to graduate from MIT summa cum-laude and find the cause of clubbed feet :) As far as she could tell, there are no problems with his brain! She wants to have a follow up in January to see how he's doing.

He was also tested for jaundice, and his billy rubin level was low, so we checked that off the list! His skin is so olive, its kinda crazy. He has a complexion similar to Brielle and my dad, and hair the color of theirs, too. Genetics are a crazy thing :)

After they did the "snip-snip" on him, we were finally discharged at 7pm. When we got home and walked through the door, I was completely speechless. My Mom, MomMom, and Kevin had completely finished everything there was to be done from our move the weekend before. It was wonderful. When I was in the hospital, every so often I would think of what a pain it was going to be to come home and still have so much to do before we brought Elias home. I cried, of course. Such a blessing to us. I can't even begin to explain how thankful and appreciative I am to have my mom here with us. She has been the biggest help over the past week. She takes a feeding during the night so that we each only get up once with him and can get a good chunk of sleep. Not to mention she's been around the block once or twice (more like 4 times) when it comes to c-sections, so she knows exactly what I'm feeling. I love her so much. She's such a great grandma!

Here's a few pictures to enjoy!





Elias and Gemma

Elias and Auntie Becca







Elias and Jessica









So pretty

Skin to skin with daddy

2 comments:

  1. Yay on every count! Can't wait to see pictures of the MIT graduation! Kudos to your family and Kevin for getting your little home set up! Looking forward to seeing the nursery!

    <3 Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news! God is so faithful!!! Love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete