Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three Weeks to Go!

I can't believe that I'm full term today! Every single day, Kevin and I say to each other "I can't believe we're having a baby". Seriously, you'd think by now I'd be used to it. Nope! I don't think we'll believe it till he's here in our arms...and even then, we'll probably be like "who's kid is this?!" haha.

Today we learned that the 2 bedroom we're supposed to move into next Tuesday won't be completely ready. They said that the bedrooms will be completely done by then, just not the kitchen or bathroom. So Tuesday we're gonna start moving stuff into the baby's room and get that all set up right away. Right now, ALL his stuff is in boxes/bags, and I have no idea where anything is.  There is NO room in this apartment for any of his stuff. I never thought I'd pray for more time, but I'm really hoping he holds out atleast until October for us to get completely moved and settled and ready for him. Hopefully the big guy upstairs agrees...

36weeks2days

At our appointment on Friday, we learned that I have Group B Strep. In a nutshell for those of you who have no clue what that is...its a bacteria that could be very dangerous if passed onto the baby during birth. So they will give me meds through the IV as soon as I get in there, and as long as I have meds in me for at least 4 hours before he's born, there's no risk to him. So, Elias...take your time, okay?

3 comments:

  1. I was the same way before both my boys. It was hard for me to even imagine how my life would be different, but then they are born and you can't remember how life was before them. I never knew that I could love someone so strongly and so quickly. It's such a great gift from God!! I will pray for a safe delivery. Becky Creviston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby you look so cute!!! Can't wait for Elias to arrive! Hope you are feeling great! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have any of Elijah's things ready in his room not even his crib was finished! It all comes together in time! Enjoy every last moment of being prego

    ReplyDelete