Thursday, February 3, 2011

Recovery

I'm pretty sure this has been one of the longest days of my life. I think I got an hour of sleep last night between each panic session when I'd wake up and think we were late. The was to get ourselves ready and just take Elias straight from his bassinet to the car seat. Well, while I was putting my makeup on I looked down to find a huge toothless smile. So much for him staying asleep! But that smile was what I needed to get this say started. He slept the whole way to the hospital and up until about 45 minutes before surgery. Then he wa pretty upset. I think he has a sixth sense for the hospital now lol.

At 730 the nurse took him from us and went right into the OR. We were given a number and told to go to the waiting room upstairs. In the waiting room their was a tv where you could track their progress, so we were able to see what stage of surgery they were on the whole time, which was pretty cool. The doctor came up when he was done to discuss how it went.

The first thing he tells us is that they tried for 15 minutes to get and IV in and just couldn't get it. So he said they had to go into his scalp to get it in. And that they had to cut some of his hair to do it. Thankfully he was already asleep and didnt feel it. The doctor then went on to tell us that he was very happy with the amount of correction he got with just the one release. He was thinking he'd possibly have to do a couple tendon releases, butthe first one he did really did the trick and his foot was then able to move up and down. Then he said he corrected the displaced bone on the right foot and put 2 pins in it that will remain in his foot until April.

After a few hours in recovery we were transported to the room where we'd be staying the remainder of our time here. Hes been in and out of sleep the whole time except for his bottle. Morphine and Tylenol are wonderful.

Im sorry if this post is all mumbo jumbo and filled with errors. I can't get the Internet to work on my computer so I'm typing this on my iPhone and falling asleep as I do it. I'll update again tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us and Elias. It truly means so much to is!

No comments:

Post a Comment