Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Little Valentine


Be My Valentine

Elias is finally back to normal.  The past few nights he's been sleeping pretty solidly through the night (in his own crib, might I add). Usually about twice during the night I'll hear him start to stir, so I'll run in and pop his binky back in, and he knocks right out again. Its pretty wonderful. He's also back to eating fairly normal, about 6 oz every 5 hours. I'm trying to slowing introduce baby food into his diet. Yesterday I gave him bananas and he seemed to like it/tolerate it. A few weeks ago, he would eat it, but wasn't able to hold it down. I think its just his digestive track changing, so hopefully by slowing integrating them into his diet he can hold it all down.

Our first Valentines day together in 2007 we had only been dating for 5 days. As you know everything on Valentines day is about LOOOVE. Well, having only been dating for 5 days and it was kind of awkward because everything said "I love you" and we just weren't there in our relationship yet. It actually ended up being a snow day and we pretty snowed in. Our friends were having a Valentines Day party and decided that it was going to be a singles only party. So, we decided to order-in and get Chinese. And ever since, its been our Valentines Day tradition. I love it. Tonight, we sat on the couch googling "good chinese food in Beverly". You see, ever since we moved here, I've yet to find a chinese place we really like, which is a huge bummer. One of the things that popped up on the computer was PF Changs. I called to see what the wait was like, they said no wait, so we hopped in the car and were there in 15 minutes. I go up to the desk, ask to put our name in, and they say "it will be about an hour wait". What?! 15 minutes ago there was no wait! Ughh! I was so frustrated, especially since I had to talk Kevin into it in the first place. We decided to stay, so we set up camp on a bench. It was time for Elias to eat, of course. So not long after he gets started on his bottle, one of the hostesses came over and said "we're gonna get a table ready for you right now, it'll be just a minute". We had only been there for 10 minutes. I was so appreciative to her as she sat us, and he said "Don't thank me, thank to manager at the desk. He's got a soft spot for children". It was pretty wonderful. And to top it off, Elias was so good and didn't fuss one bit. Maybe we'll go on dates more often with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment