Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

First Pool Experience = Success!
We had a wonderful time at Newport, RI this weekend! Friday night we went into town and had dinner at a nice place called Brick Alley Pub, then walked around town and found some AMAZING caramel corn, which may or may not have been one of the highlights for me. When we got back to our hotel, we look Elias to the pool for his first pool experience. He did really well while Kevin sat with him on the steps and liked kicking his feet. He got a little scared when Kevin started walking around the pool, but he did so well for his first time in the pool! So cute! Did I mention our hotel room had a king size bed? A-MAZ-ING! Best nights sleep happen when we're on vaca and get a king size bed. *sigh* Maybe one day...

Then on Saturday despite the rain be went to the mansions and toured the Vanderbilts' mansions. Elias was SO good. I had him in the carrier for the two houses we toured and he just looked looking around at everything. He really makes it easy for us. I know for alot of people having babies totally throws off their lives. But for us, we can almost do just about the same things we did before because he's just that well behaved. I have a feeling its a)too good to be true and won't last very long and/or B)any children that follow will be absolute terrors.

*On a random side note, in case you're wondering how you actually pronounce 'Elias', its Eh-lie-es, NOT Ellie-es.

The meds I had been taking for the crazy outbreak of hives all over my body did not work. In fact, the hives got worse. My face started swelling, especially arond my eyes (which is pretty evident in the picture below), and then the hives spread to the bottoms of my hands, which is absolutely awful. Its in the creases of my fingers so bending my fingers at all is very painful. I called my doctors office after church this morning and to my surprise they were open even on Easter. The doctor I saw thinks I wasn't put on the best meds, hence why I'm not getting any better. So after getting 2 new prescriptions, I think the hives are FINALLY going away, thank the Lord.  The itching was so bad last night that I literally had to lay on my hands to prevent myself from scratching because then I'd only need to scratch more, and more, and more...and it was just a viscious cycle that brought tears to my eyes because it itched so bad. So I'm really ready for some relief.

We had a great Easter today! We enjoyed our morning at church followed by an afternoon of preparing food for our big Easter dinner with some friends in the building. We were able to sneak out and get a few Easter pics of Elias outside in the gorgeous 70* weather. His favorite part of his Easter basket was the Easter grass that he kept trying to eat. Crazy kid...














1 comment:

  1. Enjoy 1 baby!!! We did everything with Elijah just like you are saying... we went everywhere and life didn't really change much. Now with 2 life has slowed down a ton... but it doesn't always mean the second one is a terror!

    ReplyDelete