Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Three Months Already

...I don't wanna talk about it...


My birthday buddy Joel McCabe came to play!
(We both were born on 10/10/10)


I'm growing up fast!


I love Sunday naps with daddy!


Quick update. Took Elias to get new casts today.  They took the thumb cast off, and I couldnt believe it...his thumb didnt snap back into his palm! It actually stayed out! The doctor said he only needs one more cast and then next week he'll get a custom splint to wear until he gets surgery. His feet are improving. The right foot, the one with CVT, has stretched very nicely. The doctor wants to get an xray next week to see if anythings changed. He said he doesnt expect the dislocated bone to have relocated itself, but once in a blue moon it happens, so we'll see! But the main point of stretching the foot downward was to prep the foot for surgery so that it can heal real quick. His clubbed foot its still very rigid and resistent. Because of the tenotomy a couple weeks ago, he can move his foot left and right, but its still being held back from moving up and down. So the doctor said next week if we don't get 15 degrees of movement, we'll talk about what our next step is, which is surgery. We're all very pleased with the amount of progress he's made with these casts, and we've reached a point where the casts won't really take the foot much further.  SO that is our next step. But I'll know more next week after his appointment. I'm hoping that they can do all his surgeries at once, removing his skin tags and his thumb.

I cant believe my babys 3 months already...

No comments:

Post a Comment