Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Big Move

After what in some ways felt like an eternity, and others the blink of an eye, we finally made the move back to Pennsylvania.

To make a long story short, right before we moved, we were presented with the offer to live in a home, rent free, for 3 months. We accepted the offer, started planning accordingly especially in terms of packing, and were super excited. Then the day before we moved, we were informed they forgot to mention their strict no-dog policy. Super. So back to plan A, which was to move in with Kevin's parents. 

Friday, September 14th was "pack-the-truck" day. When Kevin and I picked up the truck earlier that morning, Kevin looked at it and said "there's no way we needed a truck this big". It was 26" by the way. Well, he was sorely mistaken! Thankfully one family and a few youth group kids showed up to help us pack up the truck. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in our Boxford church family. I had so many people come up to me our last Sunday asking when we'd be packing and saying they'd be there to help. Poor Kevin and Taylor had to carry all the heavy things by themselves. But the youth group students who came did an AWESOME job, taking apart our beds and making sure not to lose important pieces! My mom came up late Wednesday night, so we was there the whole time watching the kids so I could keep packing and direct where things went. If it wasn't for my mom, we never would have gotten out of there! Kevin's dad also came up to drive our truck back down to Pennsylvania. 

Saturday morning we finished packing up the truck, cleaned the house, and off we went! My mom and I drove with the kids, Kevin had the dog, and Dale had the truck. Then of course Kevin's car started spewing out oil. When we stopped for a lunch, the entire back of his car was covered in oil. It was terrible. All we could do at that point was put more oil in it and just pray it would make it home. It look 2 hours longer than it should have, but we finally made it safe and sound to Harrisburg. 

We were very sad to say goodbye to Elias' therapist, Bonnie. This wonderful woman had become a part of our family. Elias saw her twice a week for almost 2 years. She has made the biggest difference in Elias' life, and she will always have a special place in our hearts. Needless to say, it was very hard to say goodbye. We will miss you, Bonnie!




So its been a busy 2 weeks for us. I've been making tons of phone calls trying to get everything in order. I originally was going to take Gavin to Shriner's Hospital in Philly, but the first opening for the doctor we need to see is in January. So we might have to go with plan B and find another orthopedist in the area that can look at his hands sooner than that. I haven't decided quite yet what I want to do.

We should have an update on Kevin's job situation in a couple days, I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment