Thursday, July 21, 2011

2 Years Down...

My kitchen was spotless today thanks to my superman husband. It was so clean that I was inspired to bake. Not sure how the too are connected, but I just HAD to bake some cookies. So I was on the hunt for a new chocolate chip recipe. I found one online that sounded delish and began gathering all my ingredients. This particular recipe calls for vanilla pudding, but I didn't have any in the pantry :( I ended up using chocolate fudge pudding instead. My cookies ended up being Chocolate Chocolate Chip, but MAN are they good! We'll being having cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next week...I probably should have checked how many dozen it makes next time before I start...I already have 5 dozen cooling and I still have half the dough left to make tomorrow. I can't wait to make them with vanilla pudding next time. Just had to share a photo.


Kevin and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Monday. I stupidly scheduled 2 doctors appointments for Elias on our anniversary not realizing when I has scheduled them it was our anniversary...so we spent the majority of our special day with our son in doctors offices'. We have to chuckle, because when we got married our plan was to start trying for a baby when we hit our 2 year anniversary. Didn't think we'd have a 9 month old son! We wouldn't want it any other way :) 

Back to his doctors appointments. We met with the hand doctor to discuss how his thumb is doing. He wants to continue stretching it with a brace for a few more months. The x-rays he took showed that the bone isn't in the thumb correctly. We suggested surgery, but we expressed concern over whether he'd still be able to use it as much as he can now. He has adapted SO well to his thumb the way it currently is, and uses it to do everything he wants to do. The doctor said he doesn't know for sure what his range of motion would be, but thinks he wouldn't notice much of a difference. We're not too sure about it though. We think we want a second opinion. If he's using it fine the way it is right now, we're just not sure we want him to loose that. We have a few months to decide. 

Then it was off to the pediatrician for his 9-month checkup. He's a hefty 20lbs and 28inches. Here's some cute videos of him playing in the mirror while waiting for the doctor.






No comments:

Post a Comment