Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sickypoo

My poor baby has been sick all weekend long. He's had a wicked cough, a runny nose, and today he was grabbing at his ear. Since it had been a few days and wasn't getting any better, we went to the ER tonight to make sure he didn't have any infections. With our insurance if we're out of state the only place we can go and be covered in the ER.  Of course, once we got to the hospital he was hardly coughing. Isn't that how it always goes?

In the waiting room at the ER


 After spending quite a few hours there, we didn't come out with many answers, except that he has ringworm...yes, ringworm....on his shoulder blade. So went in for one problem, came out with another. They tried to look in his ear but couldn't see past the freakin ear wax. Now, let me make this very clear...I bathe my child ALL the time and clean his ears every couple days, but this kid just produces ungodly amounts of earwax. I've asked before what to do to keep them clear, and they've told me to do nothing but wipe what I can reach with a wash cloth, but not to use q-tips. So the doctor gave me some ear drops to try to loosen up the wax and then if he's still tugging at his ear to bring him back to check again for an ear infection. As I was leaving, the nurse mentioned how its possible he could be developing allergies, and that got me thinking...at the house, he was coughing and sneezing up the wazoo. Then once we left, he hardly coughed or sneezed, and his running nose and red eyes started to clear up. Looks like our little booboo is allergic to something in the house. Could it be the dog? Possibly...but he's coughing and sneezing upstairs where the dog isn't allowed. I don't know what it could be. Dust? The house is pretty clean though...The windows aren't open, so I don't think it cold be the pollen, right? Its gotta be something though. It just doesn't make sense that he would stop coughing as soon as he left the house, then could start when we got home.

Lord, please don't let it be the dog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment