Friday, December 17, 2010

2 Casts now...

So Elias had an ultrasound on his right foot today (the one that is not casted). They found that he actually has a dislocated bone thats causing his foot to turn upwards. Its a condition called Congenital Vertical Talus. They'll need to do surgery, but it can't be done until he's about the year old. So they casted his right foot today as well. The cast will help stretch the skin and tendons so that its ready come time for surgery. He'll only be in this cast though for a few weeks (hopefully). Then he'll wear the boots with the bar on both feet (like originally planned). He is NOT happy about having this leg casted. He really was starting to kick and push off of us alot, and now he can't move either legs. If he hasnt been sleeping tonight, he's just screaming. Its so hard as a mom to watch him be so frustrated and not be able to fix it. But we know this is whats best for him and will be SO much better for him in the long run.


All tuckered out

Both casts



We had family portraits taken yesterday, and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out!






This week just flew by. We leave on Satuday to go back to PA for Christmas. I CANNOT wait. I've got a ton to do around here though before we leave. I wish I could say I'll be cleaning tomorrow, but Ive gotta go into Tufts again for my post pardom visit and a shot for Elias. I'm sure he's gonna love that! Cast today...shot tomorrow...greeeeat.




1 comment:

  1. The frustration thing is rough. But at least you are getting somewhere. My mom and I were just going back through Rae's frustration with the speech. I was worried about frustration and wanted to fix that. EI was worried about a delay and trying to get her to talk. Not that I didn't want her to talk, I just hated seeing her so frustrated.

    LOVE the pictures. Especially the one in the drs office :) You and Kevin look great too ;)

    ReplyDelete