Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gavin Richard Lance

Last photo of "Lance, Party of 3"

We'd like to introduce our newest addition to our little family, Gavin Richard Lance. Gavin has the awesome privilege of sharing the same middle name as his great-grandfather, Donald Richard Harner.




At 2:41 in the afternoon yesterday, June 27th, Gavin was born weighing in at 6lbs9oz and 19.5 inches long. My c-section went very smoothly, and it was a much better experience this time compared to last. Last time since Elias was in slight distress when he was born, we barely got to see him in the OR. Kevin got a few pictures, they flashed him in my face for 5 seconds, and off Elias went to the NICU. This time however, Gavin was doing perfectly fine! He cried the second they lifted him out of me (which was music to my ears since Elias' didn't cry for a good 15 seconds). They worked on him in the corner of the room getting him all cleaned up and weighed while they stitched me back up. Kevin went over and of course took a ton of pictures. The best part for him was that they left the cord long enough for him to cut it! We thought he wouldn't get to experience anything like that since we didn't do a VBAC, so that was a nice surprise. Then, unlike Elias who was rushed away to the NICU, Gavin stayed in Kevin's arms next to me in the OR for almost the rest of my time in there. It was so wonderful, not to mention a great distraction from the pressure on my belly as they were wrapping things up.

Gavin is doing so well! Both his feet are clubbed, as you can see in the photo below. They don't seem quite as bad as Elias' was, and they're not very rigid (meaning we can move them to where they should be without much resistence) and that's a really good thing! We haven't seen the orthopedic doctor yet, but we're pretty sure he's going to say they'll respond to casting very well, perhaps better than Elias'.


His middle finger on both hands is contracted, similarly to how Elias' thumb was. One is a little less than the other. I haven't been able to snap any good pictures of them yet, but I'll try and get those soon.

The ENT came to see him and at least at this point from what he can see, it doesn't look like Gavin has torticollis! Praise the Lord! Besides those couple things, Gavin is doing so well! 


My recovery is going very well. I've been up and about all day moving about the room, took a wonderful relaxing shower, and managed to sneek in a few cat naps. Thank God for Percoset, that's all I've got to say :)


Thank you everyone for your love, support, and prayers throughout the past few months of uncertainty. 


Gavin is stirring, I've gotta end this. Elias is coming to visit with Kevin very soon for the first time, so I'll post again soon with those pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment