Thursday, March 8, 2012

3D Ultrasound - Take Two

I have the most amazing OB on the face of the earth. On Friday I went in for my monthly checkup and expressed to her how frustrating the last ultrasound went. She said they should have been able to see something, and the fact that they didn't get any images at all was unacceptable. She went on to say that she happens to be on rotation in ultrasound all of April, and that she wanted me to come in to have another one done and that she would do it herself if they couldn't get any images this time.

So yesterday we had our ultrasound bright and early. It was so much better this time around. Nothing new with him was found, which is a good thing. I felt like with Elias, at every ultrasound there was something else they thought they found. As far as his hands go, he's still doing the love sign with his right hand. What we were able to tell in the 3D was that his thumb looks like its folded over his middle and ring finger, not under like Elias' thumb was. His left hand was in a fist, so they couldn't really see anything there. Both feet were looking clubbed. However, certain angles made it look more severe as well as less severe. Regardless, they both look clubbed.

My doctor said theres a little issue with my placenta. Kevin and I heard too different things though...I thought she said there was a build up of fluid, and he thought she said a leak. Don't ask how we can have heard such opposite things...but either way, she said its not a problem right now, just something to be watched every month in the ultrasounds. It makes me particularly nervous though because they think I had placenta problems at the end of my pregnancy with Elias, resulting in hardly any amniotic fluid surrounding him and having to be induced. Hopefully that won't be the same story here.

Thennnn we got to see Gavin's little face. It was hard to get a good shot with his hands up with his face the whole time, but we were able to get one profile. I'll take what I can get.




Today we found out we're going to have a little niece! Josh and Abby will welcome little Saffron Janelle sometime late July. Hooray for summer babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment